Ayurveda expert Dr Dixa Bhavsar in her recent post talks about the wonderful benefits of dates, the best time to eat them and how you can add them to your diet.
Dr Bhavsar lists all the amazing health benefits of eating khajoor every day:
2. Improves heart health: Dates are considered heart healthy and prevents heart attack risk in winters.
3. Helps regulate healthy cholesterol: Dates aid in reducing bad cholesterol.
4. Improves bone health: Dates are a storehouse of calcium, potassium, phosphorus, copper, and magnesium all of which are good for your bone health.
5. Regulates blood pressure: Dates are known to manage your BP troubles too.
6. Promotes brain health: Being anti-inflammatory food, dates help in preventing mental health and neurodegenerative diseases like Alzheimer's as they control inflammation in brain.
8. Best for anaemia: Being rich in iron, dates can increase your haemoglobin levels.
9. Promotes healthy weight gain: Having 4 dates a day can aid in healthy weight gain.
10. Prevent hemorrhoids (piles): High-fibre dates can also help with piles.
11. Prevents inflammation: They also help in preventing many diseases and help with autoimmune disorders like arthritis.
12. Support healthy pregnancy: Being rich in iron, they must be included in pregnancy diet.
13. Healthy Skin and hair: Best for your skin and hair.
Best Time To Have Dates
Dr Bhavsar suggests the best timings to have dates for maximum health benefits:
- In morning on an empty stomach.
- As a mid-day snack.
Source: Hindustan Times