Tuesday, 27 September, 2022
E-paper

UP man bit while showing off snake he rescued, dies

  • Sun Online Desk
  • 22nd August, 2022 04:04:38 PM
  • Print news

Shahjahanpur: A man, who was popular in his village for catching snakes, died after he was bitten by a poisonous snake following its rescue in Uttar Pradesh's Shahjahanpur.

The man, identified as Devendra Mishra, had caught the snake from a neighbour's house in his village. After rescuing the snake, which was reportedly highly venomous, Mishra went around the village with the snake wrapped around his neck.

In a video that is now going viral on social media, the man is seen catching the snake with the help of a stick.

Another video shows him putting the snake around the neck of a child.

Mishra was bitten by the snake nearly two hours after he caught it. He then tried to treat the snake bite with various herbs instead of going to the hospital, some villagers said.

He died at his home a few hours later, they added.

 

Source: NDTV