Friday, 12 August, 2022
E-paper

Mother, son burnt in city’s Mohammadpur gas leakage fire

  • Sun Online Desk
  • 5th July, 2022 01:08:17 PM
  • Print news

A woman and her son were burnt in a fire originated from a gas leak in a house in Dhaka's Mohammadpur area on Tuesday morning.

The victims Ambia Khatun, 45, and her son Md Kajal, 26, were rushed to Sheikh Hasina National Institute of Burn and Plastic Surgery. However, Kajal was released from the hospital after giving first aid while his mother was transferred to ICU of the hospital with 50% burns.

Ambia went to the kitchen to start cooking this morning while everyone was asleep. She lit a match, and the accumulated gas instantly caught fire at a tin-shed house in Mohammadpur's Nabinagar Housing at 6:00am