The government has adopted five measures to ensure uninterrupted supply of essential products and control prices.
Even, a taskforce has also been formed headed by the Commerce Secretary to keep the market stable.
- Directives should be given to port and customs releasing imported product as early as possible.
- Highway police must be vigilant to free goods-laden truck from extortion while BIWTA to facilitate movement of goods –laden vehicles.
- After monitoring international market, the taskforce will handle emergency situation.
- Deputy Commissioners (DCs) and Upazila Nirbahi Officer (UNOs) have to play vital role to monitor the market.
- Intelligence agencies have to increase their surveillance on hoarding of products and creating artificial crisis.
Due to coronavirus, prices of edible oil and suger already was high. Besides, the market of onion was also unstable due to lack of import. In addition, increase of fuel price also impacted on other commodity price.