Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Tuesday issued a 24-point directive to deputy commissioners (DCs) linking hassle-free services from public offices to removing corruption from the ongoing development programmes.
The prime minister gave the directives while inaugurating the three-day DCs’ Conference-2022 at the Osmani Memorial Auditorium.
The directives are:
1. Ensuring implementation of government directives to face coronavirus crisis
2. Ensuring proper implementation and continuation of development and service-oriented activities that have been taken marking the birth centenary of Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman and observing Mujib Borsho.
3. Ensuring implementation of various programmes that have been taken for ensuring food security and stable market price
4. Ensuring hassle-free services in due time from public offices
6. Ensuring that the genuine distressed, helpless and deprived marginal people can avail of all social safety-net programmes, including houses for homeless and distribution of agricultural lands among landless people
7. Taking initiatives to improve academic activities in educational institutions. Take initiative for continuation of online classes during COVID-19. Giving special attention to the educational institutions of remote areas
8. Supervising round the clock all community clinics and union health and family welfare centres and creating health awareness among people
9. Ensuring sports and cultural activities and practice of creativeness in every area for flourishing physical and mental of children
10. Taking initiatives to set up new parks and fields apart of preserving existing parks and spirits fields in districts and upazilas
11. Working for creating skilled manpower equipped with high-tech knowledge to take highest facility from the fourth industrial revolution keeping the pace with evolving world
12. Working to ensure safe use of information technology and the internet and taking initiative for containing the misuse of social media and spreading rumours using it.
13. Taking a firm stance against religious extremism and militancy aiming to maintain heritage of Bangladesh’s religious harmony and secularism
14. Continuing zero tolerance policy against drugs for building a drug-free society and maintaining regular anti-drug drives.
15. Ensuring proper legal steps for stopping violence, torture and shunning hostile attitude towards women and children, and conducting mobile court regularly against child marriage, eve-teasing, food adulteration, making fake products
16. Strengthening the monitoring of market systems for smooth product supply, resist artificial crises and keep the prices normal.
17. Taking stern action for protecting natural reservoirs, hills, forests, rivers and government lands. Giving highest importance on vertical expansion of public structures for optimum usage of lands.
18. Taking special initiatives for flourishing and preserving of tourism industry alongside setting up of new tourism spots
19. Taking initiatives for preserving heritage and culture and district-based famous products’ publicity and marketing
20. Taking initiatives to elevate Bangladesh to a developed country by 2041 through proper coordination of various activities of all public offices of the districts
21. Working together with public representatives while taking development programmes and implementing them. Giving special attention towards taking equal development programmes, and removing irregularities and corruption from the ongoing programmes. Supervising these programmes for maintaining standards.
22. Taking steps for ensuring overall development of the underprivileged communities of society through ensuring their facilities, including housing.
23. Taking effective measurers to look after the families of martyrs of the genocide during the Liberation War, ensuring their proper and dignified livelihoods.
24. Preserving mass graves and battlefields of the Liberation War after identifying those. Highlighting the history of the Liberation War before people.
Liberation War Affairs Minister AKM Mozammel Haque, Principal Secretary Dr Ahmad Kaikaus, Cabinet Secretary Khandker Anwarul Islam, Divisional Commissioner of Khulna Ismail Hossain, Deputy Commissioners of Rangpur M Asif Ahsan and Chandpur Anjana Khan Majlish also spoke at the programme.