Bashundhara Group, the largest industrial conglomerate in the country, has introduced awards for investigative journalism.
There will be 11 awards in total. Each winner will receive Tk 2, 50,000, a crest and a certificate.
Reports in the five categories- the Liberation War, Crime and Corruption, Women and Children, Investigative Documentary and Photography-are invited.
In each of the first three categories, three best reports of print, online and electronic media will be selected and finally nine journalists will be given award. For investigative documentary and photography, two persons will get the award from each category.
Rules of application
(1) Reports can be sent through courier service, e-mail or directly to the office of East West Media Group Limited.
(2) During the submission of reports, the name of desired category will have to be mentioned on the envelope or in the subject box of e-mail.
(4) Reports published/aired from January 1, 2021 to December 31, 2021 will be eligible for submission. Along with the report, it is mandatory for the competitor to write the name in both Bangla and English, e-mail address, mobile phone number and current place of work. A passport size photograph will have to be submitted.
(5) With each report, a testimonial from the chief or in-charge of the organisation concerned should also be submitted.
(6) In case of each newspaper and online portal report, five sets of printed/scanned copies and online link and in case of television, five sets of scripts, CD copies/pen drives and news link should be submitted.
Address for sending reports
East West Media Group Limited, Plot-371/A, Block-D, Bashundhara Residential Area, Baridhara, Dhaka-1229
E-mail address: [email protected]
The last date of submission
January 5, 2022
A neutral jury board consisting of experienced journalists, university teachers and media experts will evaluate each of the reports. The final winner will be selected based on the highest average score after the evaluation of each report by every judge. The decision of the jury board will be considered final.