Friday, 21 January, 2022

Mugda fire: Another victim dies at DMCH

A 35-year-old man, who sustained injuries in a fire in the city’s Mugda area, died at Dhaka Medical College and Hospital (DMCH) on Saturday.

The deceased was identified as Sudhangshu, a resident of the area.

Dr SM Ayub Hossain of Sheikh Hasina National Institute of Burn and Plastic Surgery, said Sudhuangshu, who received 25 percent burn injuries on November 22 (Monday) succumbed to his injuries in the early hours on Saturday.

The fire broke out from gas cylinder leakage around 7.30 am on Monday on the ground floor of an apartment at Matobbor Gali of Mugda.

Four of a family- Sudhangshu, Prianka, 32, Arup, 5 and Shefali, 55- sustained burn injuries during the fire.

Priyanka’s brother Palash said that the four family members suffered burn injuries as they lit the stove in the morning unaware of the gas leakage.

Later, they were taken to the burn unit of the Dhaka Medical College and Hospital.

Priyanka, who received 72 percent burns, succumbed to her injuries around 3am on Tuesday while her son Arup died around 11pm on Monday.