Sunday, 5 December, 2021

Khaleda Zia returns to Gulshan residence

  • Staff Correspondent
  • 7th November, 2021 05:12:31 PM
  • Print news
Khaleda Zia returns to Gulshan residence

Popular News

BNP Chairperson Khaleda Zia returned home after a 27-day medical treatment at Evercare Hospital in the capital on Sunday as her health condition has improved. 

The BNP chief left the hospital around 5pm as her medical board released her from the hospital following improvement of her health condition. She has arrived at her Gulshan residence at around 5pm.

She is now doing better as her health condition has improved and her rest of the treatments will go on at her residence, sources with Khaleda Zia’s physicians said.

The party chairperson was undergoing treatment at cabin in Evercare Hospital. On October 12, she was admitted to the hospital with fever and some other health complications.

She underwent a biopsy at the same hospital on October 25 as she has a small lump in her body.

Later, her biopsy report was sent to the United States and the United Kingdom for review.

The BNP chief’s doctors said the biopsy was conducted to detect the nature of the origin of the lump.

Sharimila Rahman, widow of Khaleda’s younger son Arafat Rahman Koko, has come to the country from London to take care of her.

On April 27, she was admitted to Evercare Hospital with coronavirus infections. She received treatment there until June 19 for post-corona complications and some other underlying health problems.

The BNP chief has been undergoing treatment under a medical board formed earlier. Her doctors said she has been suffering from rheumatoid arthritis, diabetes, ophthalmological and dental complications.

Her family applied to the government twice in May and August this year seeking permission to take her abroad for better treatment, but the government turned it down saying that there is no scope for a convicted person to avail herself of such a scope.

On March 25, 2020, the government released Khaleda on humanitarian grounds and considering her age amid the coronavirus outbreak. Later, her release was extended for three times.

Khaleda was sent to jail after she was sentenced to five years’ imprisonment by a special court in the Zia Orphanage Trust corruption case on February 8, 2018.