Thursday, 2 December, 2021
E-paper

Wild elephant dies from electrocution in Ctg

Wild elephant dies from electrocution in Ctg

Popular News

A wild elephant was electrocuted in Satkania upazila of Chattogram in the early hours of Saturday.

Local people set the electric wire around their croplands to prevent wild elephants from destroying their crops and the 50-year-old elephant was electrocuted while searching for food, said Mamun Mia, range officer at Satkania Forest Department.

Sub-inspector (SI) of  Satkania police station Ramzan said on information, officials of Forest Department and Upazila Livestock office visit the spot.

Conflict between humans and elephants has become an important issue in the last two decades.

These animals are increasingly coming into conflict with the people sharing their habitat due to poaching and the destruction of the forests in which they live.