Monday, 25 October, 2021
E-paper

3 electrocuted in Bogura

  • Sun Online Desk
  • 11th October, 2021 01:32:11 PM
  • Print news

Three people, including a man and his nephew, died and another was injured after being electrocuted at Churkota village in Bishalpur union under Sherpur upazila of Bogura on Monday morning.

The deceased were identified as Khitish Mahato, 45, Budu Mahato, 42 and  Palash, 40. All of them hailed from the area.

According to local eyewitnesses that the electric wires were pulled from the house next home for lighting in the puja mandap on the occasion Durga Puja, the biggest religious festival of the Hindu community.

Khitish Mahato, Budu Mahto, Palash and Bujan Mahato came in touch with a live wire that was pulled over the house around 9:30 am, leaving Budu Mahto and Palash died on the spot and Bujan injured.

Khitish was rescued in critical condition and died on the way to the hospital.

Confirming the news, Officer-in-charge (OC) of Sherpur Police Station Shahidul Islam said that the bodies were handed over to the victim’s families respectively.