A man died of electrocution while trying to save his wife in Magura’s Mohammadpur upazila, police said on Saturday.
The deceased was identified as Yasin Sheikh, 40, husband of Julekha Begum.
Officer-in-charge of Mohammadpur Police Station Nasir Hossain said that Julekha was the first to get electrocuted as she attempted to switch on the fan. Trying to save her, Yasin was electrocuted too, reports UNB.
Locals rescued and rushed the couple to Mohammadpur Hospital, where Yasin was declared dead on arrival. Julekha is fighting for her life at the same hospital.
A case of unnatural death has been filed at Mohammadpur police station in this regard, the OC said.