Hajj pilgrimage to be kept on hold this year too

Sun Online Desk

3rd June, 2021 07:39:03 PM printer

Hajj pilgrimage to be kept on hold this year too

Hajj pilgrimage to Saudi Arabia will be kept on hold this year like last year due to the continuation of the COVID-19 pandemic.

Finance Minister AHM Mustafa Kamal gave the information while presenting proposed budget for 2021-22 in Parliament on Thursday.

However, Hajj management is being ensured through information technology including the introduction of e-Hajj system to complete all the functions of Hajj in the coming years, he said.

He added, “Upward expansion and renovation of the Hajj Camp building are progressing fast to accommodate all service providers. 1,000 Imams have been provided interest-free loans and 4,000 distressed imams have got financial assistance in the current financial year under the Imam and Muazzin Welfare Trust.”

“Welfare activities are being carried out in a coordinated manner through Hindu, Buddhist and Christian Welfare Trusts for the people of respective religions to ensure communal harmony and peaceful social order,” he said.

A grant of Tk. 3.66 crore from the profits of the endowment fund has been provided to 747 churches/cemeteries/places of worship and religious institutions since the establishment of the trust, he further informed.


Top