A man and his son died and another son injured after being electrocuted at Uttar Shreepur village in Hijla upazila of Barishal on Thursday morning.
The deceased were identified as Md Kashem Hawlader, 55 and his son Moktar Hawlader, 30.According to local sources, Kashem Hawladar came in contact with a live electric wire when he went to the field next to his house with his goats. At one stage, Kashem's son Moktar saw the matter and came to save his father and he also came in contact with the live electric wire. Monir, another son of Kashem, was also seriously injured while trying to rescue them.
Relatives of the victims said they were taken to the Upazila Health Complex where duty doctor declared Kashem and his son Moktar dead.
Monir is being treated at the Health Complex.
Asim Kumar Shikder, officer-in-charge (OC) of Hijla police station, confirmed the matter.