The Embassy of the Republic of Korea in Bangladesh is holding a K-Pop competition to select talented Bangladesh performers who will be qualified to participate in the 2021 Changwon K-pop World Festival, scheduled in October in Korea.
As K-pop becomes a worldwide cultural phenomenon, especially among the young generation, Korea has been organizing regular World K-pop Festivals to promote K-pop worldwide and to provide opportunities for K-pop lovers to share their talents with world audience, said the Korean Embassy on Wednesday.Accordingly, the Korean Embassy in Bangladesh has held annual K-Pop Festivals in Bangladesh since 2015.
In 2019 Ms. Shefa Tabassum, who was awarded the first prize at the Embassy-organized competition, was invited to the 2019 Changwon K-pop World Festival in Korea.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, however, the annual K-pop Festival was not held in 2020.
Instead, the Embassy organized a digital video contents contest in September 2020 through which young Bangladesh K-pop lovers showed their talents. Lost Dynast, a team composed of five members, won the first prize at the contest.
Depending on the COVID-19 situation, the K-pop World Festival may be held this year in October in Changwon.
In this regard, the Korean Embassy is looking for potential candidates to participate in the Festival.This preliminary audition in Bangladesh will be sponsored by Samsung Electronics.
The audition will proceed in two stages.
- First, the Embassy will select ten to fifteen performers (team) among those who submitted their K-pop performances, either in singing or dancing, in video by 26 June 2021.
- Second, those selected teams at the first stage will be given a chance to perform on stage in July in which five teams will be selected for awards. The first prize winner will be considered by the host authority for the advancement to the 2021 Changwon World K-pop Festival.
For those who are interested in participating, please refer to the Embassy’s website (overseas.mofa.go.kr/bd-ko/index.do) or Facebook page (www.facebook.com/embdhaka).
The Embassy of the Republic of Korea looks forward to seeing many participants and hopes that this event will be an excellent opportunity to promote the cultural ties between Bangladesh and the Republic of Korea and to enhance the Bangladesh people’s understanding of Korean culture and music.
• Create a video of an individual or group performance of a K-POP song or dance within a length of 3~5 minutes.
• Deadline: send your video by JUNE 26, 2021 (Saturday) to [email protected]
• Video contents should be in HD resolution (1280x720) or better quality
• Participants qualified for the on-stage competition will be announced before JULY 5, 2021 (Monday)
• All participants at the on-stage competition will be awarded.
• At the on-stage competition, One first-place winner, One second-place winner, and Three third-place winners will be selected.
• Award items will be sponsored by Samsung Electronics Bangladesh
• Awarding ceremony will be held in JULY 2021
▷ If you would like more information about this topic, please contact the Embassy of the Republic of Korea in Bangladesh at +880-2-5881-2088 or email at [email protected]