Garments Sramik Adhikar Andolon, a coalition of the RMG workers right bodies, has made 6-point demand ahead of the May Day to define work hour, amend overtime bill and rationing system.
The demands are as follows:1. Duty time for eight hours amending existing law on work hour and overtime
2. Salaries, festival bonus within 20th Ramadan
3. Halt to termination of workers
4. Free Covid test and vaccination
5. Full-fledged ration in line with armed forces
6. Uninterrupted trade unionThe demands are made in a joint statement signed by Garments Sramik Adhikar Andolon coordinator and Garments Sramik Oikya Forum acting general secretary Shahidul Islam Sabuj, Bangladesh Textile Sramik Federation president advocate Mahabubur Rahman Ismail, Bangladesh OSK Garments and Textile Sramik Federation president Mohammad Yasin, Garments Sramik Sanghati chief Taslima Akter, Garments Sramik Mukti Andolon president Sabnam Hafiz, Garments Sramik Federation president Masud Reza, Biplobi Garments Sramik Sanghati president Mahmud Hossain, Bangladesh Sweater Garments Sramik Federation president A M Fayez Hossain and Garments Sramik Andolon organizer Biplab Bhattacharya.