Property worth Tk 30 lakh was damaged in a fire that broke out in Cumilla's Mainamati on Sunday.
On information, firefighters from the nearby Fire Service station rushed to the spot and doused the flame after two hours of effort.According to locals, the fire started from a shop in the Hosenpur area of Burichong upazila.
Immediately, the flame spread over to the neighbouring house of one Yunus and burned all the furniture and valuables of the house and the shop.
It caused a loss of at least Tk 30 lac, claimed the victims.
The members of the fire service suspected that the fire might have generated following an electric short circuit.