Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi left Dhaka for New Delhi closing curtain of two-day Dhaka visit Saturday evening. He was the last head of state to have joined gala event commemorating birth centenary of Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman and golden jubilee of Bangladesh independence.
At the fag end of visit, he sat for a meeting with Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina at the latter’s office in the capital.The both sides signed five MoUs, inaugurated and launched eight projects and made 10 announcements.
Synopsys of the visit is as follows
Memorandum of Understanding (5)
- MoU on the Field of Disaster Management, Resilience and Mitigationbetween National Disaster Management Authority, MHA, India & Ministry of Disaster Management and Relief, Bangladesh.
- MoU between Bangladesh National Cadet Corps, People’s Republic of Bangladesh and National Cadet Corps, Republic of India
- MoU for the Supply of ICT Equipment, Courseware & Reference Books and Training for Bangladesh-Bharat Digital Service and Employment Training Centre. Six (6) BDSET Centers will be setup in Dhaka, Chattogram, Rajshahi, Khulna, Jasshore and Natore.
- MoU for Establishment of Sports Facilities at Rajshahi College Field and Surrounding Areas
- MoU on the establishment of a framework cooperation in the area of Trade Remedial Measures.
- Tribute to the Indian martyrs of the Liberation War: Foundation stone unveiled for the first memorial honoring martyrs from the Indian Armed Forces. This is to be built at Ashuganj. This is the first memorial in Bangldesh exclusively honoring the Indian martyrs.
- The Bangladesh leg of the Bangabandhu-Bapu Digital Exhibition was inaugurated by the two Prime Ministers. This digital exhibition will be taken to other parts of the world including the United Nations.
- Inauguration of the extended development work of Rabindra Bhawan Kuthibari at Shilaidaha, Kushtia
- Foundation Stone laid for infrastructure development for power evacuation facilities of Rooppur Nuclear Power Plant.
- Inauguration of three border haats at India-Bangladesh border- Ryngkau-Bagan Bari, Nalikata-Saydabad and Bholaganj-Bholaganj
- Launch of an India-Bangladesh Friendship stamp to commemorate the 50th anniversary of establishment of India-Bangladesh diplomatic relations.
- Cooperation against COVID: Gift of 1.2 Million Covid19 Vaccine doses. Bangladesh is the largest foreign recipient of India-made Covid19 vaccines – 10.2 Million doses have been delivered by India, including 3.2 million as gift.
- 109 Life support Ambulances in support of health infrastructure of Bangladesh gifted to Bangladesh.
- Mitali Express - A new Train service to link Dhaka Cantt with New Jalpaiguri announced.
- StartUp Conclave of India and Bangladesh entrepreneurs announced - Prime Minister invited 50 young Bangladeshi entrepreuners to India to connect with India’s Startup Ecosystem
- Connecting through education: One thousand (1000) Subarno Jayanti Scholarships to Bangladeshi students for undergraduate and post-graduate students in India.
- Increased Mutual Understanding: Bangabandhu Chair at the Delhi University to facilitate Bangladesh studies announced.
- Prime Minister Shri. Narendra Modi visited the historic Jashoreshwari Temple in Shyamnagar, Satkhira. Prime Minister announced that India will build a community Hall-cum-cyclone shelter under grant funding of GOI for the benefit of all at Shyamnagar, Satkhira.
- At Orakandi, Prime Minister announced that India will build a primary school for children and upgrade a middle school for girls in Orakandi under Government of India funding.
- Marking our commitment of Friendship:December 6, the day India recognized Bangladesh as an independent nation to be celebrated as MaitreeDiwas (India was one of the first countries to recognize Bangladesh)
- Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi announced that, to commemorate 50th year of Liberation of Bangladesh and 75th year of India’s independence, ‘Best of India, Best of Bangladesh Exhibition’ and business meet will be held.
- Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi announced that India will participate in the first ever Air Show to be held in Bangladesh in 2022.
- Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi announced that India will donate military equipment used by Indian forces in the Liberation of Bangladesh for use in museums in Bangladesh.