Amazon's Ring video doorbells catch fire because wrong screw used

Sun Online Desk

12th November, 2020 02:24:32 printer

Amazon's Ring video doorbells catch fire because wrong screw used

Dozens of Amazon's Ring smart doorbells have caught fire or burned their owners after being fitted with the wrong screw.

The problem has prompted US and Canadian product safety officials to issue a formal notice, and Amazon to provide a revised instruction manual.

The issue is that if a longer, sharper screw is used at the device's base, it can damage the battery pack.

This causes it to overheat, which has led to property damage and injuries, BBC reported.

However, despite a "recall notice" having been issued, users are not actually being asked to send the devices back.

Instead, they are simply being urged to follow the new guidance.

The safety notice concerns the second generation Ring doorbell, which is still on sale.

 


Top