HSC examinee dies from electrocution

Staff Correspondent

26th September, 2020 09:40:06 printer

HSC examinee dies from electrocution

An examinee of Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC) died after being electrocuted in South Kamalapur of the capital on Saturday.

The victim is identified as Ferdous Hasan Shuvo, 20, who was studying at BAF Shaheen College in Dhaka. He is the eldest son of Rezaul Karim and hails from Shahjadpur Upazila of Sirajganj. He was living with his family in South Kamalapur area.

Eyewitness said the incident took place when Shuvo along with some others was playing cricket in an alley at around 12:00 noon. But the cricket ball got stuck in a nearby tin-roofed house. As Shuvo tried to climb an electricity pole to get onto the roof and he was electrocuted.

He was whisked off to Dhaka Medical College and Hospital where doctors pronounced him dead around 1:30 pm.


Top