Seven patients including a retired deputy secretary of the corona unit at Dhaka medical college and hospital died between Thursday afternoon to 9:00 pm on Friday.
Among the deceased, retired deputy secretary and one other patient were tested positive for coronavirus and others died with the symptoms of Covid-19.According to the hospital source, the deceased were identified as—
1) Md. Tafiqul Alam, 59, Deputy-Secretary (rtd), corona positive, resident of Dhanmondi, Dhaka. He admitted to the Dhaka medical college hospital on May 12. he died at 10 am on Friday morning.
2) Nasim, 55, a corona positive patient from Pirojpur admitted to the DMCH on May 18 and died at 10pm on Thursday night.
3) Kabindra, 60, a suspected corona patient from Belabo in Narsingdi admitted to the DNCH on May 13 and died at 2:30am on Thursday night (early Friday).
4) Md. Anisur Rahman, 53, also a corona suspect, of Shayampur, Dhaka admitted to the hospital on May 20 and died at 3:30 pm on Friday.
5) Hasi Begum, 58, of Fatulla in Narayanganj, admitted to the hospital with Covid-19 symptoms on late Thursday night and died at 4:20pm on Friday afternoon.6) Manika, 40, of Palash of Narsingdi, also admitted to the hospital on late Thursday night with corona symptoms and at 12pm on Friday noon.
7) Rakibul Hasan, 37, of Kamrangirchar in Dhaka admitted to Dhaka Medical College Hospital with virus symptoms on May 20 and died at 11:00pm on Thursday night.
Samples were collected from the most of the deceased and their testing results will be on hand tomorrow (Saturday).