Zinc is one such micronutrient that helps in building immunity and recent studies show that zinc inhibits coronavirus by blocking a key enzyme.Scientific evidence documented in the past few decades shows that consumption of zinc plays a significant role against viral infections including human respiratory infections because of its immuno-nutrient properties.
Here are the significant role of consuming Zinc:
1. Zinc is needed for immune cell development and communication and plays an important role in inflammatory response.
2. Zinc supplementation may prove beneficial against coronavirus infection by providing an additional immunity defense. Keeping your immunity system strong and making healthy lifestyle choices is the need of the hour.
3. Assessment of nutritional status of COVID-19 patients before administration of general treatment is important as immune response is weakened due to inadequate nutrition.
4. Fortifying your immunity system against colds and flu’s is essential now more than ever.
5. A balanced diet and attention to macro and micronutrients is the basis of building a vigorous immune system. Your meal needs to have the right amount of vitamins, minerals and carbohydrates.
6. Zinc also should be consumed judiciously because an overdose of zinc can cause indigestion, headaches and nausea.
7. Zinc not only has immunity-boosting properties but also makes sure your metabolism is strong.
8. Its important to have the right amount of zinc in your body.