In this lockdown, the one thing we have been ignoring the most is our car. In this time of the coronavirus pandemic it is also important to disinfect and sanitize your car.
You might be giving your car a complete wash, however, there are some parts of the car that need more attention than the others.
Here are some parts of the car that you should clean amid the pandemic:
1. The most obvious and oft touched parts of the car, the steering wheel and gear lever need to be disinfected on a regular basis. Make sure you clean the entire steering wheel including the center hub.
2. It is also advisable to wipe the instrument pane.
3. The most touched part of the car is doors. Every time you step in and out of the car. Therefore, it becomes doubly important to wipe them down.
4.Take extra time to wipe down the handles of the door, both inside and out.
5. Even though you do not touch the switches on your dash that often, they too need to be wiped down.
6. You light switches, the air conditioning system all need to be wiped down.
7. It becomes all the more important to do so as the dash is mostly made out of plastic, and the virus is believed to stay on plastic longer than most other surfaces.
8. Touchscreens are fingerprint magnets and cannot be left uncleaned. The simple rule is if you touch something, you need to disinfect it. If not a touchscreen, you have a normal radio system. Wipe it as well.
9. Just to be safe, you should disinfect you seats as well. If you are travelling with a passenger, make sure you make them sit diagonally to you to help maintain the rules of social distancing.
10. Clean the door, seat and back of the front seat from where your co-passenger was sitting.
11. Also, it is better that you keep the groceries you buy in the boot and not in the cabin of the car. And do not forget to disinfect where the groceries were kept.