Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan on Thursday pledged to support seven initiatives, including the PM-CARES Fund and the Maharashtra Chief Minister Relief Fund.
The actor’s IPL team Kolkata Knight Riders and Meer Foundation will also collaborate with the West Bengal and Maharashtra governments to provide 50,000 Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) kits to healthcare providers.He said, “We have initially focused our efforts on three cities – Mumbai, Kolkata and New Delhi.”
The actor’s Kolkata Knight Riders, Red Chillies Entertainment, Meer Foundation and Red Chillies VFX will be supporting the following initiatives:
1. PM – Cares Fund: Kolkata Knight Riders, the IPL franchise co-owned by Gauri Khan, Shah Rukh Khan, Juhi Chawla Mehta and Jay Mehta, has committed to contributing to the PM Cares Fund
2. Maharashtra Chief Minister’s Relief Fund: Red Chillies Entertainment owned by Gauri Khan and Shah Rukh Khan has committed to contributing to the Maharashtra CM’s Relief Fund
3. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for Healthcare Providers: Supporting and protecting the health care workers is of paramount importance.
4. Ek Saath — The Earth foundation: Meer Foundation along with Ek Saath, will provide daily food requirements to over 5500 families for at least a month in Mumbai. A kitchen will also be set-up to send out 2000 freshly cooked meals every day to help households and hospitals whose daily needs aren’t being fulfilled5. Roti Foundation: Founded by Former Director General of Police, Maharashtra, Mr. D. Sivanandhan. During COVID-19, they have tied up with Mumbai Police and are providing meals to underprivileged people and daily wage labourers. Meer Foundation In association with Roti Foundation will provide 3 lakh meal kits with 10,000 people per day for at least a month.
6. Working People’s Charter: Meer Foundation in association with them will provide basic essentials and grocery items for at least a month to over 2500 daily wage workers who have been identified across Delhi
7. Support for acid attack survivors: Meer Foundation to provide a monthly stipend to over 100 acid attack survivors which will take care of their basic needs. The survivors identified are across UP, Delhi, Bihar, West Bengal and Uttarakhand.