Sirajganj gas fire: One succumbed to his injuries at DMCH

UNB

26th February, 2020 10:02:20 printer

Sirajganj gas fire: One succumbed to his injuries at DMCH

A person who suffered burn injury in gas cylinder leakage fire at Dukhiabari village in Sadar upazila, died at Dhaka Medical College Hospital (DMCH) early Wednesday.   

The deceased was identified as Saidul Islam, 38, son of Sanawar Munshi of the village.

Sayedabad Union Parishad Member Abdul Momin said Saidul succumbed to his injuries while undergoing treatment at the burn unit of DMCH around 3:30 am.      

On Sunday (February 23), six members of a family including Saidul suffered burns after a fire broke out following leakage in gas cylinder pipe in the kitchen.

Of the injured, Saidul and Mehedi Hasan, 10, were admitted to DMCH burn Unit in critical condition. 

The rest injured Sanawar Munshi, 60, of village Dukhiabari, his wife Nilufer Khatun Lily, 55, Saidul Islam’s wife Nazira Khatun, 35, and her one and a half year old daughter Sumaiya Khatun, were admitted to Sirajganj 250-bed Bongomata Sheikh Fazilatunnesa Mujib General Hospital.


Top