8 of a family burnt in gas leak fire in Narayanganj

Sun Online Desk

17th February, 2020 09:33:27 printer

8 of a family burnt in gas leak fire in Narayanganj

Eight members of a family sustained burn injuries in a fire caused by a “leak in gas pipeline” at a house at Sahebapara in Siddhirganj upazila of Narayanganj on Monday morning.

The injured are - Nurjahan Begum, 60, her sons Kiron Miah, 45, and Hiron Miah, 25, Hiron’s wife Mukta, 20, Md Abul Hossain, 25, Md Kawser, Lima, 3, and Apon, 10.

They hail from Shibpur upazila of Narsingdi and live on the ground floor of a five-storey building.

Among the injured, Nurjahan and Kiron suffered 70 percent burns.

Mohammad Shahjahan, senior station officer of Adamjee Fire Service, said gas accumulated in their flat as the burner had remained open all night.

The fire started when one of their relatives Elias lighted a cigarette around 5:30am, said Inspector Bacchu Miah of Dhaka Medical College Hospital police outpost.

On information, a firefighting unit rushed to the spot and extinguished the fire.

Later, they rescued the injured family members who are currently being treated at the Burn and Plastic Surgery Department of DMCH.


Top