Calorie plays a crucial role for those who are looking to lose weight.
Negative calorie foods are those that are nutritious and low in calories.“Hence, it avoids the addition of the extra calories like junk and sugary food. Foods with high fibre and water content are low in calories and their digestion requires more energy”, says Rinki Kumari, Chief Dietician, Fortis Hospital, Bangalore.
Here is some food that can act as negative calorie in your body:
* Celery: A celery smoothie every day can keep you full for a long time and will not increase your calorie intake.
* Broccoli: Broccoli is one veggie that has various nutritive quality. You can have it steamed or even cook it.
* Watermelon: This summer fruit is filled with water and is an amazing snack to have during the day. It can also curb your sugar craving.
* Carrot: It is filled with beta carotene, fibre, vitamin K1, potassium, and antioxidants.* Cucumber: – Usually consumed cucumber as a side dish or salad, it will automatically reflect positively on your weight chart.
* Apple: Apple is great for the body and skin. It has soluble fibre that can reduce the risk of heart diseases.
* Tomato: – It is a great source of vitamin C, potassium, folate, and vitamin K.
A balanced diet what every healthcare professional recommends, is required for human health.