Cricketer Onik faces suspension for positive dope test

UNB

1st December, 2019 07:25:03 printer

Cricketer Onik faces suspension for positive dope test

Twenty-year-old Bangladeshi left-arm pacer Qazi Onik faces a ban ranging from two years to five years for being positive in the dope test during the National Cricket League (NCL), country’s most prestigious First-class cricket event.

Bangladesh Cricket Board’s (BCB) chief selector Minhajul Abedin told the media on Sunday that the pacer was found positive in the dope test during the NCL.

“We’ve been informed by the medical team about Onik. As he failed the dope test, we decided to keep him away from the player draft of the BPL 2019,” he said.

As per the BCB’s anti-doping regulations, Onik might face a ban for two to five years depending on the degree of the fault.

However, the BCB is yet to come up with a final decision about the matter.

Onik played four First-class, 26 List-A and nine T20 matches so far and bagged 15, 41 and 11 wickets respectively.


Top