At least two people were electrocuted in separate incidents in Lalmonirhat and Noakhali on Monday morning.
In Lalmonirhat, Abdus Sattar, 55, of Burirdhighi village of Kamlabari union under Aditmari upazila in Lalmonirhat, was electrocuted this morning.Quoting locals, police said Abdus Sattar came in contact with a live electric wire while he was going to the paddy field at the area, leaving him injured.
Later, locals took the injured to Aditmari Upazila Health Complex where duty doctor declared him dead.
Saiful Islam, officer-in-charge (OC) of Aditmari Police Station, confirmed the matter.
In Noakhali, Rafique Ullah, 45, resident of Charmasjid village of Purba Charbata union under Subarnochar upazila in Noakhali, died after being electrocuted this morning.
According to locals that Ullah came in contact with a live electric wire when he was switching on a motor at the area this morning, leaving him dead on the spot.
Shahed Uddin, officer-in-charge (OC) of Charjabber Police Station, confirmed the matter.