Removed prosecutor of International Crimes Tribunal Barrister Tureen Afroz on Monday claimed that the authorities concerned have not given her the chance to clarify her stance.
While talking about the allegations brought against her, Tureen said “I don’t know whether any probe committee was formed [to investigate the allegations]. Even, I was not given scope for self-defence.”However, Tureen Afroz said that she will tell whatever she want to say to the prime minister in this regard.
Asked about performance during her tenure in ICT prosecution, Tureen said that she had been given an important task in the process of war crimes trial and she thought that she has discharged her duties with hundred percent integrity.
Earlier on the same day, Tureen Afroz was removed from her post for “breaching discipline and professional conduct and committing serious misconduct”.
Law, Justice and Parliament Affairs Ministry issued an order in this regard, which is now available on the ministry’s website.
Tureen Afroz was appointed to the International Crimes Tribunal as a prosecutor in February 2013.