Yemen's Houthi rebels said on Sunday that the Saudi-led coalition launched 27 airstrikes on Yemen over the past 24 hours, with no civilian casualties reported.
"The airstrikes targeted telecommunication sites in Amran province and farms in the provinces of Saada and Hajjah," Houthi military spokesman Yahya Sarea said in a statement reported by the group's al-Masirah TV.There was no immediate confirmation from Saudi Arabia on the alleged attacks.
The targeted provinces are located in the north of the capital Sanaa, which has been under Houthi control since the group ousted the legitimate government of President Abd-Rabbu Mansour Hadi in late 2014.
The Houthi military spokesman described the airstrikes as "dangerous escalation" just two days after the Houthi leader Mahdi al-Mashat proposed that both Houthi and Saudi sides should halt missile attacks and engage in peace process.
The Houthis last week claimed responsibility for drone attacks on two major plants of Saudi Aramco that temporarily halted half of Saudi oil output. The kingdom blamed Iran for standing behind the attacks, which Iran denied.
Saudi Arabia has been leading an Arab military coalition against Iran-allied Houthis in Yemen for more than four years in support of the exiled internationally-recognized government of Hadi.