Four shops gutted in Syhet market fire

UNB

26th August, 2019 01:46:57 printer

Four shops gutted in Syhet market fire

Four grocery shops were gutted in a fire that broke out at Bangla Bazar market of Jaintiapur upazila in Sylhet on Sunday night.

The fire, suspected to have been sparked from an electrical short circuit, broke out in a shop in the market around 8 pm and soon it engulfed four adjoining shops.

Ekhlasur Rahman, Jaintaipur 2 No Union Parishad Chairman, said locals brought the flame under control after about one and a half hours of frantic efforts.

The affected shop owners claimed that the fire gutted valuables worth TK 20 lakh.

 


Top