Newly-wed Pakistani bride dies of poisoning, groom critical | 2019-07-10

Newly-wed Pakistani bride dies of poisoning, groom critical

Khaleej Times

10th July, 2019 04:05:30 printer

Newly-wed Pakistani bride dies of poisoning, groom critical

A woman in Pakistan died of poisoning after she consumed milk with lizard in it, while her husband is in critical condition, Islamabad police said. The incident occurred in Islamabad's Jhangi Syedan area where recently samples of over 70 per cent of loose milk were deemed unfit for consumption.

The couple, who got married just a month ago, have been identified as Saima and Saddam Hussain and reportedly drank the milk with a dead lizard inside the container. They apparently fell ill after consuming the poisoned milk after which their neighbours called the police who rushed to the scene and discovered a dead lizard in the milk container.

According to Tribune.com.pk, in April, authorities in Pakistan collected 601 samples of loose milk sold in Lahore, Multan, Faisalabad, Bahawalpur, Gujranwala and Rawalpindi, of which 422 were deemed unfit for consumption. The milk samples were found to be laced with compounds like formaldehyde, ammonium sulphate, hydrogen peroxide, urea and others found in detergents.


Top