A rape victim’s three days’ wait to record case

11th June, 2019 10:38:20 printer

Narayanganj: Police recorded a rape case here on Monday, after a victim's 3-day stay at Sadar Model Police Station, reports UNB.

The victim filed the case against the alleged rapist, his mother and a brother. However, she alleged that the name of a police officer was not included as the accused, saying he tried to 'hush up' the incident.

The victim alleged that sub-inspector Saiful Islam of the police station helped the 'rapist' and his mother escape instead of arresting them.

According to the case statement, the girl came to visit Rabiul Islam Sunny from Hathazari in Chattogram on June 7 as they were in love.

Sunny violated her in a room by the Shyamoly Paribahan bus counter at Galachipa in the city on the day.

Later, he tried to send her back to Chattogram by another bus which led to an altercation between them.

SI Saiful who was present at the bus counter during the brawl also tried to send her back instead of arresting Sunny, the victim claimed. In the meantime, the alleged rapist fled the scene.

Later, the police officer took the victim to the police station. Sunny's mother also came to the police station but the SI allowed her to flee, too, the girl said. The victim stayed at the police station for the last three days and police recorded a rape case against Sunny, his mother and a brother today.

However, the name of SI Saiful was not included in the case and the victim threatened to commit suicide if he was not made accused.

Meanwhile, Saiful said he could not understand initially that the girl was raped and the rapist was present there. "I saw the boy was insisting that the girl return to Chattogram against her will. I also asked her to go but by the time, Sunny fled the scene," he said.

He also said although Sunny's mother came to the police station, she went out of it in the name of taking lunch but did not turn up again. "I have no connection with the accused."

Officer-in-Charge of the police station Quamrul Islam said the victim was sent to hospital for medical test. He also said they were trying to arrest the offenders.

The resident medical officer at Narayanganj General Hospital said it will be clear after getting the report whether the girl was violated.