Happy Buddha Purnima 2019: Buddha Purnima is celebrated to mark the birth anniversary of Gautam Buddha, the founder of Buddhism.Born Siddhartha Gautama, Lord Buddha became a spiritual teacher later in life and Buddhism was founded on his teachings.
While the exact date and time of his birth is not known, historians say he lived between 563 and 483 BC. Lumbini in Nepal is considered his place of birth and he is said to have died the same day he achieved Nirvana, or Enlightenment.
Lord Buddha is called the ninth incarnation of Lord Vishnu in some parts of India.
Bodh Gaya (Bihar), Kushinagar (UP), Lumbini, and Sarnath (UP) are the most important pilgrimage sites related to the life of Gautama Buddha.
It’s Buddha Purnima on 18 May, 2019. On this day, devotees discuss the teachings of Lord Buddha, and celebrate the occasion chanting Buddhist mantras and offering prayers at temples.
We have compiled some wishes, messages, quotes and images, which you can share with your friends and acquaintances on the occasion of Buddha Purnima.Happy Buddha Purnima 2019 wishes and messages
1. May the full moon of Buddha Purnima steal all ills and usher in peace and awakening. Have a happy Buddha Jayanti!
2. Wish you a life full of peace and tranquillity this Buddha Purnima and always!
3. May Lord Buddha enlighten you on the path of peace, non-violence and truth. Happy Buddha Purnima!
4. On this auspicious day, let us pray for love, peace and harmony for all the entire world. Have a blessed Buddha Purnima!
5. Wishing you prosperity and eternal peace and happiness, today and always.
Happy Buddha Purnima!
Happy Buddha Purnima 2019: Lord Buddha quotes
“He has the most who is most content with the least.”
“It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.”
“Everyday is a new day! No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.”
“Words have the power to both destroy and heal. When words are both true and kind, they can change our world.”
“Pain is certain, suffering is optional.”