Housewife dies of suffocation in Ctg fire | 2019-04-19 | daily-sun.com

Housewife dies of suffocation in Ctg fire

Staff Correspondent

18th April, 2019 10:48:42 printer

CHATTOGRAM: A housewife met tragic end in a fire in the city’s Kathghar area on Thursday.

The deceased was identified as Shahena Akter, 30, wife of Md Musa of Maijparra Raja Pukur Parr in the Kathghar area under Patenga police station.

Sources in the Fire Service and Civil Defense (FSCD) department said a fire broke out from an unknown source at a corner of three-room semi-pucca dwelling house of the victim in the Maijparra Raja Pukur Parr area around 10:00am.

The fire spread fast engulfing the entire house within a short time, they said.

Assistant Director (AD) Jasim Uddin of the FSCD, Chattogram said on information, four fire fighting units from two stations rushed to the spot and doused the fire after around one hour efforts.

Housewife Shahena died from suffocation as she got trapped inside the house after the fire broke out, said the AD.

 


Top