Russian dies after taking toxic liquor | 2019-04-08 | daily-sun.com

Russian dies after taking toxic liquor

8th April, 2019 01:08:51 printer

A Russian citizen died and two others fell sick reportedly after taking poisonous local liquor at the residential block of Rooppur Nuclear Power Plant project in Iswardi upazila of Pabna on Saturday night, reports UNB.

Belyy Dmitry, 41, died at Rajshahi Medical College Hospital (RMCH) around 10:45pm, said Additional Deputy Commissioner of Rajshahi Metropolitan Police Iftekhar Alam.

Those fell sick were shifted to Dhaka Medical Hospital from the RMCH on Sunday afternoon for better treatment, he said, adding that all of them are engineers working at the nuclear power plant.

The Russians took liquor at building-5 of Green City, a residential block for the Russians engaged in the power plant, on Saturday evening and fell sick around 8pm, said a physician at the block wishing anonymity.

They were first taken to the Upazila Health Complex and later shifted to the RMCH where Dmitri died around 10:45pm. Officer-in-charge of Iswardi Police Station Bahauddin Faruki said the reason behind the death could be known after autopsy.


Top