The World Friendship Day has come to be celebrated in a big way in India. The noble idea of honoring friends and friendship has really caught on in India and one can see the day being enthusiastically celebrated by the youth, especially students.
Surprise a long lost friend with a sweet gesture — a greeting card, a handwritten letter or just a phone call — this Friendship Day (August 5). We should never miss an opportunity to reconnect with friends and what better day to take the initiative.
Here are a few quotes which you can send to your friends and let them know how special they are to you.
10. “Love is friendship that has caught fire. It is quiet understanding, mutual confidence, sharing and forgiving. It is loyalty through good and bad times. It settles for less than perfection and makes allowances for human weaknesses.”
– Ann Landers
9. “Friendship… is not something you learn in school. But if you haven’t learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven’t learned anything.”
– Muhammed Ali
8. “Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art… It has no survival value; rather is one of those things that give value to survival.”
7. “The better part of one’s life consists of his friendships.”
– Abraham Lincoln
6. “Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.”
5. “Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.”
– Oprah Winfrey
4. “Love is flower-like; Friendship is like a sheltering tree.”
– Samuel Taylor Coleridge
3. “It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them.”
– Ralph Waldo Emerson
2. “My friends are my estate.”
1. “A friend is someone who gives you total freedom to be yourself.”
– Jim Morrison