The government has decided to scrap multiple choice question (MCQ) in Primary Education Completion (PEC) examinations from this year in a bid to prevent question leaks.
“We have decided to drop MCQ in the next PEC exams. The decision has been taken on recommendations of educationists to prevent question leaks,” primary and mass education minister Mostafizur Rahman said.The minister made the announcement while addressing a press briefing at the Secretariat in the capital on Tuesday.
Replying to a question, he said, “PEC exams will be held in November. Any revolution can be possible in one or two months. So, there will be no problem.”
The students are taught as per their syllabus, so questions will be made from it, he added.
The minister also said new techniques have brought a success in preventing question paper leaks during the ongoing HSC exams.
Mostafizur announced the results of scholarships in the Primary Terminal Examinations 2017, mentioning that a total of 82,473 students have got scholarships this year.
The scholarships were given in two categories— talent pool and general—-on the basis of highest marks in the exams held in November last year.Among the students, 32,998 students got scholarships in talent pool and 49,475 students in general.
Normally, 82,500 students get scholarships, including 33,000 in talent pool and 49,500 in general.
But, this year the quota was not fulfilled for lacking of 2 students in talent pool and 25 students in general category.
However, the quota will be coordinated later, the minister said.
The results are available on the website of the Primary Education Directorate: www.dpe.gov.bd.
Secretary of the ministry Asif-uz-Zaman, Additional Secretaries Md Gias Uddin Ahmed and Akram-al Hossain, among others, were present at the press briefing.