A fire broke out at Bangladesh Telecommunications Company Ltd (BTCL) office at Bhadughar area in Brahmanbaria district town on Monday morning.
Fire service sources said the fire originated at the microwave station room of BTCL office at around 6:30 am.
Being informed, a firefighting unit from Brahmanbari Fire Service Station rushed to the spot and brought the fire under control after one hour’s frantic effort.
The fire has disrupted telecommunication and internet services to more than 4,000 clients in the area.
Brahmanbaria Fire Service Station officer Waliullah said the fire might have erupted from an electric short circuit at the microwave station room.