Three members of a family died from electrocution at Khashirbhita village in Bhurungamari upazila on Wednesday night.
The deceased were identified as Saifur Rahman, 25, son of Azizur Rahman, Saifur’s mother Majiron Begum, 45 and Saifur’s wife Mamtaz Begum, 23 of the village.
Police said Saifur came in contact with live electric wire while repairing it at his house around 10 pm and died on the spot.
Later, Majiron and Mamtaz also met the same fate as they tried to rescue Saifur.
On information, police recovered the bodies and sent those to local hospital morgue.