Boy electrocuted in Habiganj during Tajia procession

Sun Online Desk

12th October, 2016 10:22:02 printer

Boy electrocuted in Habiganj during Tajia procession

A Class-VIII madrasah student died from electrocution during a Tajia procession at Hatirtan in Sadar upazila on Wednesday morning.

The deceased was identified as Nazir Uddin, son of Fazar Uddin of Laskarpur village in the upazila.

Laskarpur union parishad chairman Amzad Ali told UNB that Nazir was electrocuted as a metal pike he was carrying during the procession brought out on the occasion of holy Ashura came in touch with an overhead electric wire in the area around 11am.

He was taken to Sadar Hospital where doctors declared him dead.

Besides, 10 people were injured as they ran helter-skelter during the electrocution. They were taken to the same hospital.
 


Top