Who doesn’t love peanut butter cookies? This Valentine’s Day you can make some mouth-watering cookies at home to treat your guests and loved ones.
• ½ cup granulated sugar
• ½ cup packed light brown sugar
• ½ cup (1 stick) salted butter, melted (microwave for 25-30 seconds)
• ½ cup smooth peanut butter
• 1 large egg
• ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
• 1½ cups all-purpose flour
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
• In a medium sized mixing bowl add sugar, brown sugar and melted butter, and stir until creamy. Add peanut butter, egg and vanilla, and stir until smooth.
• Add flour and baking soda and stir until well combined.
• Scoop or roll dough into 1½ inch balls and place on ungreased cookie sheets. Flatten each ball using the bottom of a glass (coated in sugar).
• To make the top of the heart use a butter knife or the handle of fork to cut into the top center of dough. Press it outwards to the right and left to make the ‘V’ shape.
• Use your thumb and index finger to pinch the bottom of the dough to make the bottom ‘V’ shape of the heart. You can use your hands to perfect the heart shape if needed.
• Take a fork and press the dough down on each side making a criss-cross on the heart.
• Bake for 10-12 minutes. Be careful not to over bake them or your cookies will get too hard.