Fire guts 20 shops in Chandpur

13 March, 2018 12:00 AM printer

CHANDPUR: At least 20 shops were gutted in a fire that broke out at a local kitchen market in the district town on Monday morning, reports UNB.

The fire originated at a shop in the Paul Bazar around 6:30am and soon engulfed the adjacent shops, said Faruk Ahmed, senior station manager of Chandpur fire station.

Being informed, one unit of firefighters from the fire station rushed to the spot and put out the fire after half an hour of frantic efforts.

Affected shop owner Mizanur Rahman said fire totally burnt his grocery shop and godown. The loss caused by the fire could go up to Tk 50 lakh only for him.


Top