Non-MPO teachers, employees submit memo to President | 2018-06-22 | daily-sun.com

Non-MPO teachers, employees submit memo to President

Sun Online Desk     22nd June, 2018 10:50:58 printer

Non-MPO teachers, employees submit memo to President

Teachers and employees of non-MPO educational institution on Friday submitted a memorandum to President Abdul Hamid at Bangabhaban demanding of their enlistment under monthly pay order (MPO) scheme.

 

A five member delegation of Non-MPO Educational Institution Teachers’ and Employees' Federation, led by its President Golam Mahmudunnobi Dolar, submitted the memorandum around 11:00 am.

 

Principal Dr Binoy Bhushan Roy, general secretary of the platform, told UNB that they could not met the President as it was a public holiday.

 

“We were told by the authority that the memorandum will be placed before the president soon.” he said.

 

On June 23, the members of the platform will observe a token hunger strike, he said adding that the teachers will go on a hunger strike unto death from June 25 if the demand is not met by June 24.

 

Senior Vice-president Shafiqul Islam, Senior Joint Secretary Anwar Hossain and Organising Secretary Ashraful Haque Lavlu were present during the submission of the memorandum.

 

Earlier on June 10, the teachers and employees began their demonstrations to press home their demand.

 

Although they initially observed the sit-in for half day every day, the teachers and employees went on a non-stop sit-in programme from Monday last in front of the Jatiya Press Club.

 

Earlier on December 31, 2017, teachers and employees of non-MPO educational institutions has started observing hunger strike unto death to press for their demand.

 

However, they ended the demonstrations on January 5 last after getting Prime Minister’s assurance of meeting their demand.

 

As there is no specific budget allocation for the 2018-2019 fiscal year in this regard, they again started their demonstrations for the second round.


Top