A seven-month old boy was burnt to death and his parents sustained injuries as a fire broke out at a building in city’s Mirpur area early Wednesday, UNB reports.
The deceased was identified as Tamim while the injured are Manik, 35 and his wife Mina, 28.
The fire, originated from a cigarette butt, broke out at the ground floor of a four-storey building around 11:45 and spread soon, said Rashed Shikdar, duty officer of Fire Service and Civil Defense central control room.
The fire was spread all over the room due to the leakage of gas line, he said.
They were taken to the Burn unit of Dhaka Medical College Hospital (DMCH) where the doctor declared Tamim dead around 1:30am.
The injured were admitted to the Burn unit of DMCH, he added.