Dhaka Metropolitan Police (DMP) on Wednesday requested the city dwellers, who will attend government’s announced Thursday’s celebration programme at Bangabandhu National Stadium in processions, not to carry backpack, handbag, vanity bag, lighter and cigarettes for the interest of ensuring a foolproof security.
Besides, residents, who will use vehicle, also requested to avoid nine city points, including Shahbagh, Kakrail Mosque crossing, Nightingale crossing, Fakirerpool, Shapala Chattar, Gulistan, Fulbaria, Chankhar Pool, Bakshibazar, Palashi and Nilkhet areas, between 2:00 pm to 6:00pm, to avoid traffic jam, said a DMP media release signed by its Commissioner Asaduzzaman Mia on Wednesday afternoon.
Bangladesh has recently officially received the confirmation letter from UN's Committee for Development Policy (CDP) about attaining the three criteria for graduation from a least developed country to a developing one.
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina will inaugurate the nationwide celebrations at the Bangabandhu National Stadium on Thursday evening. A laser show and cultural programme will also be held on the occasion. The programme will remain open to all.
The DMP’s media release said officials and employees of 57 ministries, department and other government organisations as well as general people will go to Bangabandhu National Stadium to join the celebration in processions carrying colorful festoons and banners from the nine city points between 2:00 pm and 6:00 pm on Thursday.
During the rallies, normal traffic movement will be halted in the nine city points and the areas where people will gather for the rallies as well as roads surrounding the Bangabandhu stadium area. Drivers have been asked not to enter the nine city points and the public gathering points unless for emergency.
DMP Commissioner Md. Aashaduzzaman Mia requested the government officials, employees and other people to gather for rallies in the following areas:
1. Bangla Academy and adjoining areas: (1) Prime Minister's Office, (2) Bridge Division, (3) Ministry of Defense, (4) Economic Relations Division, (5) Ministry of Fisheries and Livestock, (6) Planning Division, (7) Statistics aAnd Information Management Division, (8) Implementation Monitoring and Evaluation Division, (9) Department of Information and Communication Technology, (10) Expatriate Welfare and Overseas Employment Ministry and (11) Jatiya Sangsad Secretariat will enter the West Gate of Bangabandhu National Stadium through Bangla Academy-Doyel Chattar-Abdul Gani Road-GPO.
2. Shilpakola Academy and Matshyab Bhaban areas: (1) Cabinet Division, (2) Ministry of Public Administration, (3) Ministry of Chittagong Hill Tracts Affairs, (4) Ministry of Primary and Mass Education, (5) Ministry of Agriculture, (6) Civil Aviation and Tourism Ministry, (7) Ministry of Commerce, (8) Road Transport and Highways Division, (9) Ministry of Cultural Affairs, (10) Ministry of Foreign Affairs, (11) Ministry of Food (12) Power Division and (13) Energy and Mineral Resources division will enter the North Gate of the Bangabandhu National Stadium through Shilpakala Academy-Matshya Bhaban- Kadam Fowara-Press Club-Paltan-Baitul Mukarram.
3. Shishu Academy and Duel Chattar areas (1) Women and Children Affairs Ministry, (2) Ministry of Environment and Forest, (3) Finance Division, (4) Internal Resources Division, (5) Financial Institutions Division, (6) Health Services division, (7) Health, Education and Family planning division, (8) Public Safety Division, (9) Protection Service Division,(10) Housing and Public Works Ministry, (11) Information Ministry, (12) Ministry of Textile and Jute, (13) Ministry of Labor and employment, (14) the law and the judiciary, (15), Legislative and Parliamentary Affairs Division, and (16) Ministry of Land will go to the west gate of Bangabandhu National Stadium from Shishu Academy- Abdul Ghani Road-GPO.
4. Suhrawardy Udyan and Institute of Engineers Bangladesh (IEF): (1) Local Government Division, (2) Rural Development and Cooperative Department, (3) Postal and Telecommunication Division, (4) Ministry of Religious Affairs, (5) Ministry of Shipping, (6) Ministry of Social Welfare, (7) Ministry of Water Resources, (8) Ministry of Liberation War Affairs, (10) Railway Ministry, (11) Ministry of Science and Technology and (12) Ministry of Social Welfare, and (12) Disaster Management and Relief Ministry will go to the North Gate of Bangabandhu National Stadium through Suhrawardy Udyan - Matshya Bhaban - Kadam Fuyara - Press Club – Paltan.
5. Gymnasium field of Dhaka University and its adjoining areas: (1) Department of Secondary and Higher Education, (2) Technical and Madrasa Education Department; and (3) department / other offices will go to under the Ministry of Education will go to the East Gate of Bangabandhu National Stadium through Doel Chattar - Abdul Gani Road - GPO
6. Nagar Bhaban (Dhaka South): Officers and employees of Dhaka the Dhaka South City Corporation will go to Bangabandhu National Stadium through Golap Shah Mazar-Gulistan crossing-Rajuk Avenue
7. Bangladesh Bank Chattar: Officer and employees of Bangladesh Bank and other banks and related financial institutions will be go to Bangabandhu National Stadium through Bangladesh Bank Square - Dainik Bangla crossing.
8. South-East part of Ramna Park: officers and employees if Dhaka North City Corporation will go to North Gate of Bangabandhu National Stadium through Matshya Bhaban - Kadam Fuyara- Press Club - Paltan - Baitul Mukarram.
9. Shilpa Bhaban of Motijheel: Officers and employees of Industry ministries and other organisations under the ministry will go to the East Gate of Bangabandhu National Stadium through Shilpa Bhaban.