You know it’s time to detox when your skin starts to hydrate and you wake up with puffy eyes. Festival season can really play havoc with your looks, what with late nights, lack of sleep, over indulgence on food, not to mention the vagaries of the weather.
What do we do about those tired and puffy eyes, dehydrated skin from too much make-up, or bad hair days? These signs tell us that it’s time to detox to feel and look good.
Simple 14 tips on how to detox and feel fresh and good1. Give up coffee and drink green tea daily. It has great benefits. It is said to help in losing weight.
2. Make sure to drink more water.
3. Have the juice of a lemon with a glass of warm water first thing in the morning. This helps to flush the system.
4. You can also add spices to tea, like ginger, cardamon, cinnamon and pepper. Ginger is known as “a universal remedy” because it has many benefits.
5. Chamomile tea is available as tea-bags. It helps to induce relaxation and calms the nerves.
6. There is nothing better than a warm bath to make you feel better. Bath salts, added to bath water, can help to remove fatigue and induce relaxation. You can add five drops of an essential oil to pure olive oil and then add it to the water along with salt.
7. Cinnamon oil relieves fatigue and muscular tension, while Lavender induces relaxation. Rose oil is said to have a calming effect on the mind.
8. Essential oils should not be used by themselves. Excess fluid around eyes can be a result of alcohol and binging during parties.
9. According to skin specialists, gently tapping the skin around eyes with the finger tips can sometimes help the collected fluid to drain away. Work from the inner eye and go towards the temples.
10. Grated potatoes or potato juice, applied around the eyes also helps to reduce puffy eyes.
11. So do tea bags. Steep them in hot water, then cool them and use them as eye pads.
12. Natural ingredients like honey, aloe vera, cucumber and rose water help to tone the skin, moisturise it and relieve skin fatigue. These may applied on the skin and washed off with plain water after 20 minutes.
13. For oily, combination and acne-prone skins, add 10 drops of sandalwood essential oil to 100 ml of rose water, to make a protective and refreshing skin tonic. Wipe the face with it, using cotton wool.
14. Last, but not the least, you can go for a deep tissue massage. It will not only be most relaxing, but will also help to release toxins due to massage on pressure points.