Have you been avoiding chocolate? May be, you can let go your craving for chocolate which you had been controlling for some time. But grab the dark crunchy ones. Not the milky ones. Crunchy dark chocolate can be good for your health!
Dark chocolate that has at least 70 per cent cocoa has enough flavonoids. But limit yourself to about an ounce a day or in two days. An addition of almonds to dark chocolate is considered even healthier as almonds provide healthy fats.
Studies have found incredible health benefits that have been credited to dark chocolate that isn’t processed.
11 Health benefits of dark chocolate
1. Dark chocolate treats inflammation.
2. It may reduce the risk of cancer and dementia.
3. It may provide a mood and energy boost and help prevent depression.
4. Few studies indicate that dark chocolate can help prevent cardiovascular disease.
5. Dark chocolate has been shown to help prevent stroke.
6. It is a potent blood sugar aid. It may decrease sugar level and can be an armour against diabetes.
7. Dark chocolate is good for overall cholesterol profile.
8. Loaded with antioxidants, it can combat free radical before they cause any harm to you.
9. One of the chemicals in dark chocolate help to treat cough.
10. It aids better cognitive function.
11. Dark chocolate is good to lower blood pressure.