Do you like to dress for comfort? Are long, flowing outfits in natural fabrics and fun patterns your style statement? You are a natural boho if this is the case. Try these fashion tips to let out your inner gypsy and nail the bohemian look this season.
* Avoid neon as much as you can. Bright colours always attract more heat and light to your boho-chic outfit.
* Don’t forget fringe bag and batik tote.
* Instead of wearing a scarf on your body, wrap it around your waist or head. It is the perfect way to add some dazzling style to your look and it also helps cover up a bad hair day.
* Wearing a floppy and tanned hat can not only protect you from the sun, but also be a bohemian chic accessory.
* Look into what your mother and grandmother’s closets hold for you, something which didn’t attract you a while ago might solve the purpose now. For instance, unique vintage pieces such as flare pants, floral shirts or skirts, halter tops or swing skirts are the basics of boho-chic look.
* Interestingly, the shawl/dupatta reserved for special occasions could be a great addition to your outfit. Look for beautiful ethnic prints and patterns such as ikat and accentuate your regular outfit with a touch of ethnicity. Layer the shawl on your shoulders or knot it in the front.
* Make your tank top and bottoms more interesting by adding a colourful kimono or colours as basic as white and pastel to your basic outfit or dress. Pair up your kimono with a romper for the casual look.
* Even if you go with your favourite slim fit denims or with your summer dress, try layering it with a loose and long kimono, shrug, a printed jacket or a scarf to make it more appealing. Add the touch of femininity by layering loose layers over fitted outfit, the key here to balance the outfit.
* Vintage belts are the saviour to every plus size outfit or any flared dress or ankle length casual dresses.
* Bandanas can make the band skinny or wide, depending on your preference and can be tied around your neck or on your head. Pair your white boho blouse with a dungaree to make it extra comfy with an oversized boho bag.
* Embroidery is timeless. Known for the elegance, embroidery can make your outfit really come to life.