North Korea has offered to hold a joint inquiry with the United States into a cyber-attack on Sony Pictures, strongly denying US claims that it is behind it.
The North's foreign ministry accused the US government of "spreading groundless allegations" and said a probe would refute the allegations.
The attack and subsequent threats against cinemas led Sony to cancel the release of The Interview, a satire.
The plot includes plans to assassinate North Korea's leader, Kim Jong-un.
The Interview had been due to open on Christmas Day. But Sony said it was considering releasing it "on a different platform".
The FBI said on Friday that the Pyongyang government was responsible for the cyber-attack last month, in which script details and private emails were leaked.
On Saturday, the North Korean foreign ministry said: "As the United States is spreading groundless allegations and slandering us, we propose a joint investigation with it into this incident."
"Without resorting to such tortures as were used by the US CIA, we have means to prove that this incident has nothing to do with us."
The statement said there would be "grave consequences" if the Americans rejected their inquiry proposal.